Bivouac in Zagora is a good choice for family tours with children or anyone with limited time. The dunes can be reached on a two day trip from Marrakech and you can break the journey one way at Ouarzazate, Ait Benhaddou or Berber village of Telouet ( on 3 days). On arrival in Zagora, your guide will meet you and your camels will carry you along the Draa River Valley to your nomad tent at the small dunes where dinner is served under the stars.
Day 1 :
The tour Departs from Marrakech at 7: AM, air-conditioned minibus. Travelling over the Atlas mountains, enjoying the magnificent views of the surrounding countryside below and we visit the Kasbah of Ait Benhaddou. This journey takes approx 3hrs. From there, after our break, we continue to Ouarzazate (approx 1 hour or so) for lunch break.
Lunch is available at the local cafe. After lunch, we continue along the Drâa valley to reach our destination of Zagora.
After a break in Zagora, we meet our Camels, who will take us on a 1 and half hour trek into the dunes to reach the desert camp in the dunes.
After a traditional Berber breakfast, just prior to sunrise, we have 1 and half hour camel ride at sunrise to explore the area further and we head back to Zagora on our Camels. When we reach Zagora, we have the opportunity to wash and then we begin our journey through the Draa valley and over the Atlas mountains, with plenty of stops for photos and lunch, to Marrakech.
We usually return to Marrakech, arriving between 17:00hrs and 18:00hrs
- During the trip several stops are planned to enjoy a beautiful and very different scenery throughout the journey. Visit of the women’s argan oil cooperative. Visit and lunch at the Kasbah Ait Benhaddou and the city of Ouarzazate.
What Is Included?
- Pick up and drop off at your accommodation.
- Transport with a professional driver.
- Air conditioning and very comfortable vehicle.
- Camel, Diner and night in bivouac.
- Quality of service.
- Personal expenses
- Entrance to Kasbahs.