Merzouga is a village in the Sahara Desert in Morocco, on the edge of Erg Chebbi, a 50km long and 5km wide set of sand dunes that reach up to 350m high. Most people who travel there go to take a camel safari into the dunes, and to get a taste of remote (tourism-influenced) Berber life.
Winter months (November to February) are cool but sunny, with daily high temperatures only slightly over 10 C, and cold nights. Spring until April is pleasant, with temperatures from 25 C up to 30 C in the afternoons, and with cool nights. Summer months are hot. In winter and spring, there is occasional short rain or drizzle (a couple of days per month, on average), but heavy rain is unusual. Best time to visit Merzouga is February to April.
Experience the Moroccan Sahara Desert on a 3-day safari tour from Marrakech to Merzouga. Spend the night at a Bedouin camp in the Erg Chebbi dunes. Ride a camel to watch the sunset and sunrise. See the Kasbah of Ouarzazate, and much more.
- Day 01: Marrakech – Dades Gorge: Departure from Marrakech at 7:00, crossing the Tichka pass 2260m, visit the Kasbah of Ait Benhaddou, lunch in Ouarzazate, which passes through Skoura oasis, Kalaat M’Gouna, the valley of the roses to reach the Dades. Overnight at the hotel half board.
- Day 02: Dades Gorge – Merzouga: Gorges du Dadès visit, Merzouga destination by visiting the valley of the thousand Kasbah visit, Tinghir local palm and Kasbah, Todra Gorges Rissani, Erfoud and Tifilalt Oasis to reach Erg Chaabi camp in Merzouga. 2 hours of camel assault to join the camp and admire the sunset. Overnight in the camp at mid-board.
- Day 03: Merzouga – Marrakech: Admiration of the sunrise, 2-hour incursion on camels in Merzouga, then return to Marrakech by Ouarzazate (lunch), to go to Marrakech. Included in our services: Transportation – accommodation at the hotel with dinner in Dades – accommodation in a camp with dinner in Merzouga – Camel Raid.
What Is Included?
- Pick up and drop off at your accommodation.
- Transport with a professional driver.
- Camel,Diner,night in hotel and bivouac.
- Air conditioning and very comfortable vehicle.
- Quality of service.
- Personal expenses
- Entrance to Kasbahs.